Friday, December 16, 2005

Calcutta, Again

I dont know if it feels more exciting or strange. I'm 'Going to Calcutta' after 14 months, efectively. I had almost forgotten the familiar tastes, sights, smells. Biryaani, Chicken Chaap, Butter Chicken, Kaali Daal, Egg Mutton Roll, Aloo Dum, Chana Chapta and the man in white who sells them. The house. My room. My books. The Lakes. Old friends. The best friends. Mom, Munal, Tupi ... the family. My car. The sunsetting over the bridge. Lake Gardens, the Lakes, the grey-white domes of Victoria in the rose coloured light of gathering dusk. The cool breezes (thank god its that time of the year). Kathi Rolls & Steak at OlyPub. The fabled BED so much heard of, to be seen at last! The Suitable Boys! School. Will meet Moju (Chatto) hopefully this time. Want to meet Kaur too! And Sen. And Ma'am - I dont know why!

I think I'm still a bit in shock, and thus numb. Will get excited in a bit, I'm sure. Looking forward to meeting all the Calcutta bloggers I have talked to so much over the last few days. I probably wont have net access, but will try to co ordinate with some of them on Gmail before I leave (on the 24th) so that I can, if they are not too busy, meet up with some, atleast.

11 Comments:

At Friday, December 16, 2005 1:36:00 AM, Blogger Teleute said...

hi! kobe aaschho tumi?

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 2:02:00 AM, Blogger La Figlia Che Piange said...

What about Lake Gardens?

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 3:33:00 AM, Blogger Prerona said...

I will be there on 25th morning - pls call me! Mail me on Gmail - I will mail you my home number :D

Lake Gardens - I just like it, thats all! I have a lot of friends there so its jaana pehchaana :)

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 5:08:00 AM, Blogger Bonatellis said...

happy hols :)

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 6:45:00 AM, Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

Hey you lucky girl.....have a blast when you are there. Aar aamader shokoler hoye Kolkata te anondo kore esho....roll, phuchka, chana chapta, biriyani...the works. Have a safe trip and happy holidays!

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 8:28:00 AM, Blogger sv3 said...

Heh? I'll be leaving Cal on the 26th.. but before you guys start celebrating, I'll return on the 30th or the 31st - Blogmeet(?) after that please...

As for the "Biryaani, Chicken Chaap, Butter Chicken, Kaali Daal, Egg Mutton Roll, Aloo Dum ", BRING IT ON!!!

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Sphinx said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

come come come to to my home and ur land... hehe. cant wait . tho dont kno u that well, am excited for all that good food to be consumed by u. joyous occasion,is it not?

 
At Saturday, December 17, 2005 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Prerona said...

hey all of you! will be there next sunday. call me. would love to meet

Prerona

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2005 2:43:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

phone number pls. :)

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 8:27:00 PM, Blogger noob said...

You missed the rats running rampant in Olypub, and the open sewers and the bout of indigestion, which generally accompanies the sort of junk food you wrote about. Of course indigestion is never a deterrent for us Bengalis. How can it be, when Jyoti Basu wasn't??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home